In the “How Health Center’s Can Support Asian/Asian American (A/AA) Students Returning to School During COVID-19,” webinar, speakers focused on the mental health needs of A/AA youth and young adults from middle school to college. Presenters shared best practices for integrating trauma-informed care at the community health level in the face of prevalent Asian hate seen throughout the pandemic.
After this learning collaborative, participants will be able to:
- Identify best practices for integrating trauma-informed care into community health centers;
- Understand the diverse mental health needs of Asian/Asian American youth during the start of the school year and the continuing pandemic; and
- Inform students and families on appropriate mental health resources and culturally informed community support networks.
- John Nguyen-Yap, MSW, Associate Director of Health Equity, AAPCHO
- Tiffany Hirokawa, Infectious Diseases Intern, AAPCHO
A/AA-serving community health centers, Primary Care Associations (PCAs), Health Center Controlled Networks (HCCNs), community-based organizations partnering with health centers, and youth-centered community health programs
Additional Support and Resources: