COVID-19 and Other Infectious Diseases Health Equity Response Network (CHERN) and the Community Health Worker (CHW) Workforce Collaborative hosted the “Strategies to Build Parent and Caregiver Confidence in COVID-19 Boosters for Asian American (AA), Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander (NH/PI) Youth” webinar. AA and NH/PI-serving healthcare partners shared strategies for increasing booster uptake and improving vaccine confidence among health center staff, providers, and patients after the recent FDA-Approval of new bivalent COVID-19 boosters.
- Address booster eligibility, scheduling, and comparisons;
- Identify promising practices for improving uptake of boosters among 6 month-18 year olds; and
- Explore talking points for general patient education, parent/caregiver education, and staff messaging.
- Chia Wang, MD, MS, Infectious Disease Consultant, International Community Health Services
- Liza Merrill, CHW Training Manager, Asian Pacific Community in Action
- Lulu Toumajian, Outreach Specialist and Community Health Worker Lead, HOPE Clinic
Health Center staff, community health workers, and other community based organization staff interested in COVID-19 vaccination, community health workers, and AA and NH/PI youth health.