The Association of Asian Pacific Community Health Organizations (AAPCHO) held a webinar detailing the essential role of Community Health Workers (CHWs) to support medically underserved Asian, Asian American (A/AA), Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander (NH/PI) communities. Speakers shared the history, development and implementation of the CHW Workforce Collaborative, accomplishments of partners, and how to expand existing outreach and education initiatives to ensure access to resources for vulnerable communities.
After this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate the essential role of Community Health Workers (CHW) during the COVID-19 public health emergency;
- Explore AAPCHO’s CHW Workforce Collaborative and its national network of Health Centers and community-based organizations that serve vulnerable and medically underserved A/AA and NHPI communities; and
- Share lessons learned through the CHW Workforce Collaborative initiative for ways to remove structural barriers for patients in a culturally and linguistically appropriate way.
- Ivy Yuson, MA, Program Coordinator of Training and Technical Assistance, AAPCHO
- Nashia Choudhury, MPH, Director of Programs, Health Care Transformation, AAPCHO
- Joe Lee, MSHA, Founder and Principal Consultant, Community Health Synergy
Health Center administrators, care managers, supervisors, and other health center workforce stakeholders are encouraged to view the recorded webinar.